3 hospitalized due to an increase in carbon monoxide levels in the Logan Square apartment building

On Friday night, three people were transported to the hospital due to elevated levels of carbon monoxide in a Logan Square apartment complex.

On Friday evening, Chicago firemen were dispatched to a 25-unit apartment complex at Armitage and Kedzie avenues.

Firefighters were dispatched to the building at 2011 North Kedzie Avenue before 9 p.m. According to officials, a 46-year-old man and a 19-year-old guy were sent to Ascension Saint Mary Hospital. A third person, an eight-year-old girl, was sent to Stroger Hospital.

High levels of carbon monoxide were discovered in one portion of the courtyard building. The Chicago Fire Department asked for a hazardous response.

The Fire Department said that the situation was secure as of 9 p.m. Friday, and gas company investigators were looking for the source of the carbon monoxide.

On Saturday, a Peoples Gas official stated that the event was unrelated to their equipment and appeared to be related to the boiler.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *