A Death is Caused in California by Hemorrhoid Cream!

The California Department of Public Health has issued a warning following the tragic death of a woman in Sacramento, linked to a hemorrhoid cream imported from Vietnam.

The cream, known as Cao Bôi Trĩ Cây Thầu Dầu​, contains a dangerous level of lead, approximately 4%, posing a significant health risk. Authorities disclosed that the victim acquired the cream through a purchase on Facebook, and it was subsequently sent to her from Vietnam by a relative. It remains uncertain whether the product is available for purchase within the United States.

Lead poisoning is a grave concern, as emphasized by health officials, with symptoms ranging from mild to severe. Mild symptoms may include fatigue, mood swings, and difficulty concentrating, while severe cases can manifest as intense stomach cramps, burning sensations, seizures, coma, and even death.

In light of this incident, the California Department of Public Health urges immediate disposal of any such creams found in households, emphasizing the importance of vigilant online shopping practices to safeguard health.

Those who have used the cream are advised to seek medical attention promptly. Additionally, individuals in possession of the product are encouraged to securely store it in a sealed plastic bag and contact authorities at (510) 620-3620 or via email at [email protected] for further guidance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *